Thursday, December 16, 2010

Childhood Memories

Aside from anything else i would have loved a horse bicycle from here.


My childhood bedroom was always filled with art, crafts, and books. I was a very crafty kid, always drawing, gluing, and putting things together. I have to say that my bedroom was probably not an ideal crafty studio or art space but at the time i loved it. Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of the space, or me in it but I remember it being very small and cozy. The place to get away and do your own thing, away from school, chores and responsibility. The one thing that i loved more than crafts and art was reading. Reading was something I always did at night before bed, so that I could dream about the imaginary land that books took you too. But the one thing i always missed in my bedroom was proper bookshelves (hence perhaps my great obsession to phenomenal bookshelves, you can check it out here, here and here) . So i went on a search online to imagine what a perfect bedroom would be for me:
It would have an amazing archway or doorway, where I could have had my bed or a little chair to curl up on to read (or in the cub like below), with bookshelves stretching over the archway, and through the walls around the room. Like here and like here.


And then I would have an amazing little studio area just off the side of the books with all the art and craft supplies imaginable.

And a chalkwall like this on, so that I can doodle, plan, be silly....

I hope you guys enjoyed this…On Monday make sure to visit Monika's blog Splendid Willow and check out her childhood bedroom…

Today is the first day of the Blog for Digs blogger event “my childhood bedroom was…” to benefit Dwell with Dignity. Please go here for more details, join the event or see the schedule . You can also email to blogfordigs@aol.com or simply visit Dwell with Dignity’s site and donate what you can…

2 comments:

StonehouseLove said...

Joanna-little readers grow up to be awesome adults! I am convinced of that and I love your bookshelves because I also am obsessed with them, especially the warmth and character they instantly add to a room.

Thank you for participating in Blog for Digs! Your support means the world to us and to the families that will benefit form dwd's mission.

Have a happy holiday season! xocc

mydesignchic said...

Wouldn't a chalkboard wall have been so fun in a childhood room...a free pass to draw on your walls!!