Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blogger Mash Up: Lovely Words, Pictures, and Shoes

Thank you to Victoria from sfgirlbybay for organizing this amazing feat and thank you to Creature Comfort for introducing me and sharing her very touching inspirations! So what inspires me? Well that is a big question, and I have been thinking very hard about what it is that really inspires me, to keep on trekking on with many things. But for the purpose of this fun drill I will focus on what inspires me as a blogger and keeps me excited to check out my blogroll in the morning and write new blogs. In the end I think it is all the great people out there who are doing amazingly creative, innovative and daring things that keep me inspired at night!

Books and Book Shelves
Books inspire me everyday. Fiction and Non-Fiction, old and new. We have so much to learn and so much knowledge to acquire, and books are such a wonderful escape to do so. Books and the stories they tell inspire my work, and my personal life in such important ways, everything from religion to food choices to great love. And hey one of my greatest weaknesses are book shelves, I adore them. Greatly designed and effectively used bookshelves, make or break a space, but they also bring the importance of books into your every day life and into the world of design!

Design
















From furniture, to houses, to interior spaces, to the plates we eat on design CAN be an inspiration. Good design makes life Bad design makes life difficult. When you see great design you can't help to be inspired even if you don't have a creative bone in you!

Shoes









Shoes can be the make of an outfit and the lead of your expression. Great shoes are not that easy to find (or purchase), but when you do find them they inspire my whole wardrobe, mood, and motivation.

Fashion








Male and Female fashion, street, designer and couture fashion all inspire me. Both good and bad! It is after all made for us to explore our creative expression! And frankly everybody makes mistakes even Anna Wintour :)

Art










Because it is art, and it is beautiful, and all brings you to a world outside of your own!

Love
Love is such an inspirational force. It inspires you to be better, work harder, love harder, and give back. I feel love all around me with friends and family.

Blogging Communities and the Success of Bloggers
Where else can a group of 300 people interested in design and fashion, who have never met each other, who are not in the same city, state, country or even continent, essentially work together to make this happen! We often forget about the strength and amazing power that this blogging community has, and the inspiration and possibilities are just a click away! And look at all the bloggers who are inspiring the rest of us!

I could probably blab on here forever! About photography, knitting, crafting, do-it-yourself, and on and on but I will leave it at this because there are so many more wonderful blogs to check out! So you must come back to visit!

Please check out this awesome Blogger Tomorrow! A Beautiful Party

Also don't forget to check out these lovely up and coming bloggers to find out what inspires them!



20 comments:

Ana said...

I love all those♥ lovely post!

Jessica Nichols said...

I'm here visiting from Blog It Forward. :) I absolutely love that book wall that you shared!

Ez said...

Such beautiful, wonderful, magical inspirations! Thank you for sharing them with us today!
xo Ez

Marisa Midori said...

Sea of Shoes! Definitely an inspiration to me as well. Lovely post and I'm glad that blog it forward introduced me to your blog!

manvi @ mochatini said...

got here via blog it forward, and really enjoyed getting to know you more! this is SO fun!

sfgirlbybay said...

fantastic images! i think we may have been separated at birth! i love everything, you love! thanks for joining us in the mashup! :) victoria

redmenace said...

I love your inspirations. Thank you for sharing!

jan said...

Love all the images! Fun!

was eigenes said...

wonderful post ... books are inspiring me also and that book shelve is just great!
best regards, bine

Hijiri said...

great inspirations!!! I feel exactly the same about the shoes... :) and Love... and Fashion... aww everything!

Piper said...

I'm having so much fun seeing what inspires everyone. I love your list!! The art is just gorgeous :)thanks for sharing!

fridica said...

That has GOT to be the most amazing bookshelf I've ever seen! Heaven.

whatyayalikes | alexandra said...

it is so wonderful to see all the great inspiration coming out of the blog it forward project- and that closet full of shoes is spectacular!

jennifer young said...

beautiful! thank you for sharing!
j.

Tina said...

Thank you for sharing your inspirations! Such wonderful, beautiful things.

prettylittlethieves said...

amazing inspirations! especially love the books, shoes, and art:)

A Beautiful Party said...

thanks so much for introducing me! i am inspired by all the same things. great blog!

Sarah said...

hi jo!
love your picture choices ♥
any chance you could share the source of that fabulous headboard+bedsidetable+chair? I'd love that in my bedroom!

casey said...

great inspiration. that bookcase is incredible.

christine said...

Loving that book wall too. Oh how I would love to have that!