Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Igor + Andre




Found this great illustrator on the web today. The work is quite beautiful and mesmerizing. Personally I am biased because I love illustration, sometimes more so than paintings and other works of art. I find when illustration is done well, and the illustrator actually talented, the work is magnificent. This guy seems to capture fashion illustration with a bit of an edge which is refreshing, making these pieces darker than the typical fashion illustration. I would love to have one of these hanging on my walls.










{photo source: igor + andre}

What do you think?

5 comments:

Nutter said...

love the line quality and the colors! so sketchy yet so formal!

PN said...

The middle ones remind me of Schiele's drawings.

Miss Jo said...

ahhh yes indeed! i love schiele, i have a wall dedicated to his art work at home!

PN said...

Really? I'll have to see that. I'm a big fan too. If you haven't been there, the next time you are in NY make sure to plan a trip to the Neue Gallerie.

sasparella said...

You're right, these works are beautiful!