Monday, October 20, 2008

Back from Mexico



So darlings I am back from Mexico, and it was such a wonderful time. It was hot, sunny, and beautiful! However, I have to say I am loving the temperature and the rain in Vancouver, call me crazy but I do love the rainforest, the real mountains, the leaves on the ground, and the rich luscious colours of the outdoors here. The Baja was certainly colourful but rather with palm trees, banana trees, coconut trees, cactus and the desert.





One of the great things of being somewhere where you have absolutely no internet or phone usage available to you, it is so serene to have no communication technology when you are siting on a beach with no one else on it, and listening to the crashing surf, and enjoy the peacefulness of nature. However it is also a wonderful time you spend searching and seeing on what you have missed on the blogospehere, in the world and the news! Since I have been back...which has been less then 24 hours I have yet to search through my favorite blogs which I am sure will take up an entire evening if not longer.



But more about Mexico. The purpose of my trip was to attends a friends wedding, have a real vacation for the first time, and go surfing in the warm waters of the Sea of Cortez on the southern tip of Baja. I have to say I accomplished all of that and some more.
* Ate lots of quesadillas, tacos, and fresh avocado
* Ate papayas the size of my head or bigger
* Enjoyed lots of local cuisine in local taco shops
* Surfed in the warm waters
* Caught a real non-beach breaking wave on the surf board
* Snorkled with the colour fish
* Did not get a sunburn in the 14 days
* Saw a sea turtle in the surf
* Bought some wicked silver jewellery
* Escaped Hurricane Norbert
* Reconfirmed how privileged I am to have all the things and people I have in my life
* Had a freaking great time!

No comments: